Saturday 24 August 2013

Recipe: Mini Pavlova / Meringue Nests




Australians love pavlova. This is a super easy recipe from taste.com.au. It’s not overly sweet and it has a chewy texture. Instead of the full sized pavlova, I prefer to make and bring these to parties, as it saves having to cut and serve them into individual servings.

The mini pavlova base or meringue nests have only two ingredients:
·         2 egg whites
·         1/2 cup caster sugar


When I take them to parties, I always bring them naked and bring the toppings in separate containers or in a chip & dip platter. This way it is easier to transport, and it also means people can choose which toppings they like.

Toppings I tend to bring include:
·         Chopped up fruit, like strawberries, kiwi fruit or mangoes
·         Crushed Maltersers, crumbled Flake or shaved Cadbury’s Dairy Milk

I’ve had cravings for chocolate covered strawberries lately so today, I topped my mini pav with cream, strawberries and drizzled melted chocolate on top... YUM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment